This programme aims to develop professional people who wish to embark on a professional occupation as business managers. The programme also aims to develop relevant skills and best practice for business operators who can educate, advocate for and promote understandings of best management practices. Those targeted for entry to this programme will have a demonstrated interest in gaining experience in both theoretical and practical aspects of a generic nature in business operations and a desire to work at a professional level providing business leadership in a retail or commercial business environment.
Diploma in Management – Level 7 is approved programme by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
Graduates will be able to evaluate strategic planning and management concepts, demonstrate understanding of strategic planning techniques and tools, identify strategic options and produce a strategic plan for an organisation. Graduates will understand the change management principles, analyse change management processes, demonstrate its practices and identify trends which impact on organisations in an international setting. In addition, graduates will understand the nature, forms and types of innovation. They will be able to identify innovation strategies and analyse the factors that lead organisation to foster innovation. Graduates will evaluate management approaches to intellectual property management, identify sources of information, advice best practice management, determine the implications and potential strategic advantages, develop and apply an intellectual property strategy for management. Graduates will analyse strategic brand marketing concepts, principles, and methods. They will have skill to solve existing or potential brand marketing problems and to identify opportunities and alternative actions. Graduates will understand the total quality approach to quality management along with ethics, corporate social responsibility, ISO 9000. They will analyse six sigma, Lean, and Lean six sigma and will demonstrate knowledge of developing and implementing total quality management.
Graduates of ‘Diploma in Management – Level 7’ programme are prepared for further studies in the field of management/business management at Universities, Polytechnics, or PTE’s.
Why study at Imperial
We have experienced and well-qualified business/management lecturers use a variety of teaching strategies to provide constructive and interesting learning. Our experienced and friendly student support staff can help you find accommodation and provide any required support.
Diploma in Management – Level 7
- be 18 years old at the time of application; AND
- Completion of National Diploma in Business Level 6 or equivalent; AND
- Applicants who do not have English as a first language or who have studied in a country where their language of instructions in the school at primary and secondary level is not English will need to meet one of the following English requirements:
- Academic IELTS score of 6.0 with no band score lower than 5.5 OR
- TOEFL paper based test (PBT) score of 550 (with an essay score of 5 TWE) OR
- TOEFL Internet based test (IBT) score of 60 or higher (with a writing score of 20) OR
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations OR
- NZCEL: Level 4 with the Academic endorsement OR
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): PToE (Academic) score of 50 OR
- City & Guilds IESOL: B2 communicator with a score of 66
A student visa is required for all international students wanting to enrol in this programme. Visas must be arranged by the student in advance.
One Academic Year.
- Full Time (20 hours per week)
- Option 1: Mon(8:45am–4:30pm), Tues(8:45am–4:30pm), Wed(8:45am–4:30pm)
- Option 2: Wed(8:45am-4:30pm), Thurs(8:45am–4:30pm), Fri(8:45am–4:30pm)
Subject areas include: Strategic Management, Change Management, Innovation Management, Intellectual Property Management, Marketing Brand Management, Quality Management.
There are 6 papers in this programme. Each paper has different set of assessments. Assessments typically include question and answer written assignment, essay, reports, presentation and exam.
Student must complete all assessments and achieve 120 credits to complete this programme. On successful completion, The ‘Diploma in Management – Level 7’ will be awarded to the student.