National Diploma in Business – Level 6 qualifies individuals with theoretical and/or technical knowledge and skills in specialised/strategic contexts. The aim of this programme is to provide students with a broad theoretical knowledge of budgeting and financial control, marketing strategy and planning, change management, innovation and organisational development, purchase and supply management and franchising options in New Zealand. Students will have theoretical knowledge and practical skills to make contributions to business risk planning, change management and organisational performance in a range of business contexts.
National Diploma in Business – Level 6 is approved programme by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
A Graduate of a Level 6 diploma programme is able to:
- demonstrate specialised technical or theoretical knowledge with depth in a field of work or study
- analyse and generate solutions to familiar and unfamiliar problems
- select and apply a range of standard and non-standard processes relevant to the field of work or study
- demonstrate complete self-management of learning and performance within dynamic contexts
- demonstrate responsibility for leadership within dynamic contexts
Graduates can continue their studies further by enrolling in to the Diploma in Business-Level 7
Why study at Imperial
We have experienced and well-qualified business lecturers use a variety of teaching strategies to provide constructive and interesting learning. Our experienced and friendly student support staff can help you find accommodation and provide any required support.
National Diploma in Business - Level 6
- be 18 years old at the time of application; AND
- Completion of National Diploma in Business Level 5 or equivalent; AND
- Applicants who do not have English as a first language or who have studied in a country where their language of instructions in the school at primary and secondary level is not English will need to meet one of the following English requirements:
- Academic IELTS score of 6.0 with no band score lower than 5.5 OR
- TOEFL paper based test (PBT) score of 550 (with an essay score of 5 TWE) OR
- TOEFL Internet based test (IBT) score of 60 or higher (with a writing score of 20) OR
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations OR
- NZCEL: Level 4 with the Academic endorsement OR
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): PToE (Academic) score of 50 OR
- City & Guilds IESOL: B2 communicator with a score of 66
A student visa is required for all international students wanting to enrol in this programme. Visas must be arranged by the student in advance.
One Academic Year.
- Full Time (20 hours per week)
- Option 1: Mon(8:45am–4:30pm), Tues(8:45am–4:30pm), Wed(8:45am–4:30pm)
- Option 2: Wed(8:45am–4:30pm), Thurs(8:45am–4:30pm), Fri(8:45am–4:30pm)
The programme is made up of the following list of Unit Standards that are registered on the Directory of Assessment Standards (DAS) with the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
- US 2927 Determine social, cultural and ethical responsibilities for marketing activities
- US 19024 Apply marketing concepts within a small business
- US 2930 Develop and coordinate marketing strategies
- US 25941 Demonstrate and apply knowledge of the budgeting process for an organisation
- US 11624 Demonstrate and apply knowledge of financial analysis
- Financial Management
- Business Environment
- US 9740 Explain and apply principles and practices for innovation, entrepreneurship, and intrapreneurship
- US 6412 Investigate and evaluate small business franchising options
- Business Operations and Development
- US 9741 Demonstrate knowledge of change management
- US 8502 Develop initiatives for managing improvement and change processes
- US 25778 Manage risk in an organisation
- US 7448 Review and report on organisational performance against operational plans and objectivess
There are 15 assessments in this programme. Assessments typically include question and answer written assignment, essay, reports, presentation and workplace. There are no exams for this programme.
Student must complete all assessments and achieve 120 credits to complete this programme. On successful completion, The ‘National Diploma in Business – Level 6’ will be awarded by NZQA.