Student Support Services

Imperial College of New Zealand provides learning support and student advisory services to assist learners in achieving their learning goals and personal development. We recognise that international students needs while studying away from their home country. At Imperial, we maintain internal and external support systems that are current and relevant to the student cohort and population. Imperial has a Student Support officer to provide support services to our international students.

The following staff can be contacted after hours in case of emergencies:


All international students must have a valid visa to study in New Zealand. Full details of visa and permit requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available through Immigration New Zealand and can be viewed on their website at 


International students must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while studying in New Zealand. It is a requirement for all international students to have appropriate insurance while studying in New Zealand.

Imperial College of New Zealand will require a copy of your insurance policy at the time of enrolment. Below are the links provided for insurance information:

The Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International Learners) Code of Practice 2021

Opening a Bank Account

It is a good idea for international students to open a bank account in New Zealand. The primary documents required to open a bank account are your passport and proof of your enrolment with a New Zealand-based education provider. All our students can seek assistance from the student support officer.