24/7 STUDENT CONTACTThe following staff can be contacted after hours in case of emergencies:
- 021 081 62258 Alice Tang
- 021 042 2859 Irene Mendiola
Imperial College of New Zealand has an arrangement with the Public trust, which acts as a trustee to protect student’s fee by holding the fee amount in a trust account. This protects all students fee against the withdrawal of accreditation of the College, any unlikely event of insolvency or the regulatory closure. This is a NZQA approved arrangement for fee protection.
STUDENT WITHDRAWALS AND REFUNDS POLICY
PURPOSE OF THE POLICY
Imperial College of New Zealand ensures that students and other stakeholders receive clear information about the student withdrawals and refund requirements. ICNZ ensures that the fee refund procedure fully meets the requirements of the regulators (NZQA and MoE) and the Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016.
PROCEDURES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Students wishing to withdraw from any of the courses must complete the course withdrawal request form with the reasons for withdrawal from the College
- The Principal or nominee makes decision (either approves or declines) on the application. Refund requests are approved or declined by the Principal or nominee based on the withdrawals and Refunds schedule as below
- When the refund applications are approved, Public Trust refund forms are generated by the administration and are given to the students for their signature and any relevant information. When the refund applications are declined, students are given opportunity to have meeting with Principal to discuss the reasons for decline
- Completed Public trust refund forms are then sent to Public Trust for authorisation and processing of fees held by Public Trust.
- In instances where a course is being cancelled, the College shall arrange for a full refund of fees paid by the students. In the event that a course is cancelled part way through due to unforeseen circumstances (including course closure or regulatory closure), a proportional refund of fees paid will be given.
- Students whose attendance is below the accepted percentage, or has failed to make contact with the College, despite warning letters being sent or phone calls made will be withdrawn from the course and Immigration New Zealand will be notified immediately, and no refund applies
1) The amount of refund depends on the period of enrolment and period between the course start date and the application for withdrawal.
A) COURSE LENGTH LESS THAN 5 WEEKS
- Student withdrawing on or before the 2nd working day from the commencement of the course, the College will retain up to 50% of the course fee based on actual expenses incurred.
- Student withdrawing after the 2nd working day, there will be no refund
B) COURSE LENGTH GREATER THAN 5 WEEKS AND LESS THAN 3 MONTHS
- Student withdrawing on or before the 5th working day from the commencement of the course, the College will retain up to 25% of the course fee based on actual expenses incurred.
- Student withdrawing after the 5th working day, there will be no refund
C) COURSE LENGTH OF 3 MONTHS OR GREATER
- Student withdrawing on or before the 10th working day from the commencement of the course, the College will retain up to 25% of the course fee based on actual expenses incurred.
- Student withdrawing after the 10th working day, there will be no refund
2) Students withdrawing before the course starts will also be subject to the above criteria, i.e they will be entitled to a refund less any amounts (such as Insurance fees if already applied by the provider, the homestay placement if already confirmed by the student) allowed to be retained.
3) A full refund of any and all course-related fees paid by students will automatically be given for courses which are cancelled by Imperial College of New Zealand, or which did not start due to an insufficient number of enrolments.
4) Imperial College of New Zealand reserves the right to cancel any course for which there are insufficient enrolments.